Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Reach to Recovery Suspended

One of the things I am so disappointed in about this cancer return is that I just got fully certified to be a Reach to Recovery volunteer at MCD and for the American Cancer Society. I can't exactly do that now since I will be going through treatment myself.

And tonight I was to be in training for CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) that David volunteers for, so that I could be a 'Helping Heart' and could go with him on visits for that. Real bummer on both counts!

3 comments:

Lecia Hatt said...

Vickie - you have always been an inspiration to me through your strength, serving heart and love of life. If anyone can overcome this, you can.

Lecia Hatt said...

I submitted this comment before I was done...anyway, you have been, and will continue to be in my prayers. I am there for you, sister! Stay strong and obedient to the Lord and I know you will be blessed! Love ya.

Jeanie said...

Vicki,
I know your DIL Tami through Hope(the home school group) and just want you to know you are in my families prayers.

Jeanie