Friday, February 1, 2008

It Just Keeps Getting Better

I called yesterday and got an 8 a.m. appointment to make up for not seeing my plastic surgeon. Dr. Hodges asked this morning if I had problems with the amount of saline he injected on January 8. I told him yes that it really hurt this time, so he decided to only put in 40 cc. And he told me to come back every week now until the surgery in March. Just what I wanted to hear! In one sense this will be easier on my poor skin because it will be less fluid, but closer together so it will get it stretched good before surgery. He has explained this as that the skin needs to be larger than the implant so it will then shrink to cover the implant nicely. He's going to insert an implant in the left breast also at surgery so that the two breasts are shaped the same.

I asked him about the medaport and he said that he will remove it. He said I need to stop taking my cumadin 7 days before surgery. Fortunately I have just the right amount of pills left to end up just right for surgery and not have a bunch left over.

No comments: