Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sci-Fi Safe Deposit

I went to the new Bank of America in Rowlett yesterday to transfer our Safe Deposit (SC)contents from the Garland Banking Center (BC) out here to Rowlett. What is cool, is that the new BC has the hand-scan entrance into the SD vault. You just walk into the BC, go right back to the SD area, put in your code and then put your palm on this reader thingy. The door clicks and you let yourself in. You have a key to let yourself into your SD box, but you don't need the guard key that the older banks require in addition to your key.

The only down side----now I have to remember the code to get into the room! I immediately put it in my cell phone just in case I'm having a chemo-brain moment some time.

We have such important stuff in the box: our birth certificates, marriage license, David's passport that is out of date, Kelly & Tami's wills that only have Kora's name on them (might be a little out of date), some $2 bills that belong to Tony and a $100 savings bond of his, lots of picture negatives, our first wedding rings (we switched to yellow gold on our 25th anniversary), 17 silver dollars that Papa and Granny gave me each Christmas, a 1964 JFK half dollar, but the most prized item----->>>> a set of Jurassic Park trading cards! I left them in there. They might be worth more than the other stuff put together some day!

2 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What's your code - I'm after the trading cards...