Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Phone Call

Tonight on the way home, I stopped at Walmart to find birthday presents for two granddaughters. I found something good, but called the San Antonio house just to make sure they didn't already have it. Here's the conversation:

Ring. Ring. "Hello" ( in a fake Spanish falsetto voice) "Hello" ( again)
I said Hello several times, to which this guy just keeps saying the same Hello.
I hung up.

I decided to call again, although I called from speed-dial on my cell phone.
Ring. Ring. "Hello" ( in the same Spanish falsetto voice"
I tell Pedro that I am trying to talk to Kelly Smith. He says "Hello" again.
I am fixing to hang up AGAIN, when I hear my oldest son, saying "Mom!"
It's a good thing he was in San Antonio and I was in Rowlett.

Thanks for the laugh, Kelly Ray Smith----you turkey!

No comments: