Friday, November 2, 2007

OK-Right-Oh My Lands-Etc

It has been pointed out to me that I have started to say "OK" a lot. And today I caught himself saying it---a lot. So I decided to keep a tic list of how many times I say it. Here's how the day went: I checked my email---OK; I turned around and picked up some paper from my printer---OK; I listened to my voicemails---OK. You get the picture. I was non-stop. I was up to 12 tic marks before lunch!

I had told the people that live in the cubes around me to yell at me when they heard me say OK, but they didn't. This afternoon I told them they weren't helping me very much because they weren't yelling at me. Be careful what you ask for. They proceeded to tell me that they didn't hear me say OK all the time, or if they did, they thought it was 'cute' and just a Vickie-thing. I told them it was an old person thing. They then told me all the other things that I say ALL THE TIME, like "right, right, uh-huh, right" and "oh my lands." There were others.

The funny thing was, once I pointed out how many times I said OK, then everyone else in accounting was laughing because we could hear each other in cubes say "OK" out loud, to ourselves. We laughed and laughed. I like to think of it as they were laughing WITH me, not AT me.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I hate to tell you this, but I could've told you all three of these. :-)