Thursday, November 1, 2007

Radiation Checkup



I had a check up yesterday with my radiologist. Everything was great. But I have to share with you all this great product I found in Family Circle magazine. It's called Bio-Oil and is available in major drugstores like Walgreen's (it will be with the Oil of Olay type products.) It is for scars, stretch marks, dry skin. I got it Saturday to try on my May 15 surgery incisions that are still real tender and on my radiated right breast with the tissue expander in it. The skin on that breast was still really tight and kind of tough feeling. I have an appointment on the 8th to go see my plastic surgeon again to start injecting a little more saline in the tissue expander before he does the surgery to remove the expander and insert the real implant. I wanted that skin to be soft again before he starts that torture. Soooooo, I purchased the Bio-Oil. It is WONDERFUL. Almost immediately I saw an improvement in the softness of the radiated skin. But by Monday, my incisions weren't hurting like they were and they are lighter in color already.

It's a fairly new product to America, comes from Australia or the U.K. It's not really yucky to use as long as you really work it into the skin. I've used it on my hands and neck also with great results.

What was so funny is that my radiation nurse looked at me yesterday and couldn't believe it! She said it looked like they hadn't even done anything to me. Of course, I have been religious about aloe vera gel and cocoa butter on the right breast, but it just wasn't softening up like I wanted. She left the little room, came back in a minute with all the ladies who are radiation techs and asked if I would show them. So we had show-&-tell at the doctor's office. They were all amazed at my skin. My next appointment with the radiologist is in 3 months. Yea----we're stretching these doctor visits out for longer times now!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonder how it'd work on my face!!!!