Sunday, August 9, 2009

8-9-09 Up to Bat in the Morning

Tomorrow I get another mediport installed. This one will be with me a l-o-n-g time. I had the first one removed thinking that I wouldn't need it again. Clearly, that wasn't a horse you'd want to bet on. My anesthesiologist called earlier tonight: nothing after midnight, no makeup, no jewelry. I'll be in surgery about 45 minutes. Dr. Laidley and her RN, Cheryl, will do the installation----I know that sounds like they're putting in a new plumbing system, but it's the only word that fits. I'll be in recovery for about an hour. Then I have to stay there until I can pass the TED test: Tinkle----Eat----Drink.

Dr. Laidley (my breast surgeon) is a very precise surgeon. On the first port, one of the radiologists asked me if Dr. Laidley put in my port. Yes, how did you know? They can always tell her work because of the tiny stitches and the little arch she sews it back up with. She is a keeper!

No comments: