Friday, July 24, 2009

7-24-09 Clinical Trial Possibility

Coming home from work this afternoon, I got a call from Rhonda at MCD, who is working with Dr Brooks (oncologist) to get me into a clinical trial. But first I'd have to have an echo-cardiogram, a brain scan (David says that is a waste of time) and a full body CT-scan. This is to test my heart because the medicines in the trial are, just as the Herceptin was, hard on the heart. They want to see if I have cancer anywhere in my body before they let me in the trial. Anyway, we are waiting for the receptors portion of the biopsy to come in to ascertain that it is indeed the exact same cancer as before. This trial would involve Tykerb & Zoloff, a pill that you would take a regimen of for 21 days, off 7 days and then on again for the same time period. And get this: you keep your HAIR!!! The worst side effect is diarrhea. What a joke!!! Bring it on.

No comments: