Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm Just Boring & We Like It That Way

I had a regular 3 month checkup with my oncologist Friday morning. Had my typical one hour wait to see him, even once you're in the little room. So I read for a little while and then proceeded to take a nap. I was asleep when he came in. Dr. Brooks is really the only doctor I have cancer-wise who has a sense of humor, so he laughed. He checked me over, I told him about the "incidental atypical cells" from the pathology report and he asked to no one, "Atypical cells, I wonder what that means?" He said that the tumor marker test they do on the blood work could come back positive if it finds anything. Other than that, he told me I was boring and to come back in 3 months. That's exactly what you want your oncologist to tell you!

No comments: