Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Icy Welcome

We had some icy weather yesterday and this morning. In fact, my work sent us all home early at 2 yesterday to beat the rush and the ice. We had delayed work time this morning and didn't have to be there until 11 to give time for the roads to clear a little. The most dangerous thing I did this morning was driving down our alley. It was icy and I was going about 5 mph. I saw a guy coming out of his driveway and sat on my horn to get him to stop. Fortunately he was going slow also and didn't skid on his icy sloped driveway.

David on the other hand, did not fare as well today. As is the normal routine, he took Sandy out in the backyard for him to do his thing. We have a 'welcome' mat at our back door on the patio. The patio didn't have ice on it, but it was a little foggy and you couldn't see the ice on the mat. David took one step on that mat and the next thing he knew, he was hitting the door step bricks on his back right below the shoulders and then he hit his head. I heard the back door rattle real loud and then David yelled and I came running downstairs. I was afraid he had gotten his hand in the door some how. He was getting up by the time I got to the door and asked me if he was bleeding. Thankfully, he didn't crack his head open or break his back. He hasn't even had a headache today like I figured he would. That was one of the scariest things that has happened to him. As hard as he fell, it's just amazing and blessings and thank you's have been abundant today at our house. Needless to say, a different floor mat is going at the back door. . . . Sandy thought Daddy was playing and came running over to play with him.

No comments: