Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It Just Didn't Work

We went to the followup appointment with Dr. Hodges, my plastic surgeon today. It went about like I thought it would. The new nipple on the right breast that he made during surgery on 3-7-08, just never did right. It never got soft and just kept getting more like a scab, instead of new skin. So all he had to do was snip 2 sutures that were left and the 'nipple' came right out. He was disappointed that it didn't work. Said to keep anti-biotic ointment on it 2X a day and it's OK to use the Bio-Oil on the incisions. The left breast is still swollen and red, so he sent me for a sonogram to check for fluid.

Went to get the sonogram at 1 p.m., but nothing bad there. It was at Presbyterian where Dr. Hodges is, so I walked back over to let him know the results. They stuck me between his next patient and he said to keep ice on the left breast to help reduce the swelling. I go back to see him on April 15 to see how the right nipple area is healing and we'll go from there.

No comments: