Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Day After Surgery

Friday night wasn't such a good sleep night. First, I had drains in me again, one on each side. Second, the incisions on the left breast were hurting. And third, I had to sleep on my back. And fourth, I forgot the nifty hint from last May's surgery about placing a pillow underneath your knees to take the pressure off your back.

I woke up about 2:30 and took 2 Valiums and 1 Vicodin and slept pretty good after that. Saturday was lots of napping here and there. We were told not to touch the dressings until Monday morning when we go see Dr. Hodges. I was told not to lift anything over 5 pounds and not lift my hands over my head. The left breast still hurt more, that's because the mastectomy removed virtually all the nerves from the right breast so I don't feel that pain. Guess that's a good thing!

I had a good appetite all day. David kept me fed with McDonald's and Taco Bell. We thought about watching a movie, but knew I wouldn't remember any of it so decided to wait a day.

No comments: