Monday, February 18, 2008

Sandy Smith


We are the proud parents of an 8 week old Golden Retriever named Sandy! We drove to a little burg east of Dallas this evening and picked him out from his 4 brothers and one sister. The guy was just picking them up and handing them to us from their little cage they were all in, but I told him that I wanted to get in there with them. I wanted to see how they all responded to see which one we wanted. David watched from outside the fence and we both agreed on the same pup. There was another one that was the darkest colored one (which was my favorite as far as color) but he was really hyper and wasn't a people person. He just ran around in the cage and didn't come over to me a whole lot. Now he was a character, but not the type of dog we wanted.

Sandy is a light color blond/brown and has huge brown eyes. He is just too cute. His first car ride went very well. We got him home and put him down on the floor and he immediately had to tinkle. He was on the kitchen tile, so that was OK. I bought some of the new puppy pads that are supposed to attract them so they go tinkle on them and you gradually work them out the door to do their business. I've heard good things about them.

He did not smell really good, living with the other siblings in the cage. So we gave him a bath tonight. He was really, really good. Didn't cringe or try to get out or anything. In fact he just laid down in the tub at one point. The water was nasty! He was a whole lot better, but still a little smelly so I rubbed some baking soda in his coat and he smells so much better now. He is just too cute. Pictures are coming!!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

I'm sure he gets a rating of "10" for cuteness.

You guys get a "-2" for originality.

;-)

Unknown said...

Sandy is too cute! Good luck on the house training...I know you both are going to enjoy him.

Tami said...

Of course, now that you changed the name, my first comment makes no sense. :-)