Saturday, January 26, 2008

Stairway to Heaven

Thursday as I was driving home from work, my cell phone rang. It was David wanting to know my coordinates. He said there was someone at the house who was waiting on me. I'm thinking it's a PERSON, which was exciting because we rarely have guests at the house. So I asked who it was. Well, it was our adopted child who is staying with us while his parents are in Kiev. Kowboy was in the house playing with David.

When I got to the house, Kowboy met me in the garage. He was wired. We go into the house and he goes to the end of our staircase and sits there waiting. David is holding his prized red ball. This ball is the control button for Kowboy. If you have the ball, you are in control. If he has the ball, you can forget it.

David throws the ball up to the landing on our second floor. Kowboy takes off like a rocket to retrieve his ball. Watching him come down the stairs was a hoot. He came down really fast, almost head over heels, taking 3-4 steps at a time. Sounded like an elephant. He was proud of himself and came back to David with the ball. He wants you to throw it, but first you have to get it away from his slobbery mouth. The ball is back in human control, and David throws it up the stairs again. Kowboy bounds off after it, but this time he's a little bit slower coming back down the stairs. Guess it scared him, too, on the first trip down. He's a real hoot. He's such a good dog. He has ruined us. Now after his parents come back to Austin, we have to get another dog. We are hooked.

No comments: