Wednesday, January 16, 2008

DL Success!

I was at the TX DPS license office this morning by 8:15 with my proof in hand. At 9:30 the automated woman finally said "Now serving number A020" and I got to go in the room. The woman behind the counter took my SS card, input my number and asked me to go over to the little eye tester thing. I explained to her that someone else is in their system using my SSN. She told me that SHE didn't see anything wrong. So I told her that I spent 2 hours here yesterday and that someone else is using my SSN. She told me that she could go out of the system and go back into my info and I said "Please." Sure enough, a man in Austin with an ID card is registered with my SSN. They put an alert out to the troopers to bring this guy in if they pull him over.

I read the 4th row of numbers, then gave her my left and right thumb prints on this little optical reader, then stepped back to get my photo taken. She had me to take my glasses off so there wouldn't be any glare. Never had that done before. So for another 6 years, I'm legal. Which is a lot more than I can say for a whole lot of the people there trying to get driver's licenses!!! There were all sorts of violations there. Just needed the INS people there and we could have cleaned up.

At least in 6 years I can renew my DL online. That place was just awful.

No comments: