Monday, October 1, 2007

The Boys Are Back!

Bless those Dallas Cowboys! They actually look like a real football team this year. Everyone in DFW is excited about the first 4 games. And it's so nice to see a coach smiling and getting enthused about the game. I particularly like the spunk and daring of Jason Garrett, the offensive coach, because he believes in taking a chance and making the game fun again. Like going for it on 4th down. Drives David nuts, but I love it.

You know what? There are actually days I forget that I had breast cancer now. My mind isn't all consumed with it. And I find myself thinking about the future again. At first it was hard to think about the future, for fear of thinking that you might not have one. Oh, I still have the twinges in the radiated skin. It's not 100% yet, still pretty tender, but it's not as pink as it was. But I don't have hair in that armpit yet. . . that's a good thing. That radiation kind of kills those hair follicles. One thing about it, you get a lot more intimate with your own body workings.

I guess the thing I notice the most is that I laugh more, really loud, really fun laugh. Like I'm relieved that this is normal again.

2 comments:

JBug said...

I am excited that you are excited about life and looking to the future...but I can't think of you not looking toward the future..it is your nature! :)

I have loved watching the DC this season also. Not just because they have been (exception last Sunday)winning, but because they are smiling..enjoying the game! I love it! I also like seeing them taking chances..even if it means shutting one eye and going..Oh..Oh NO.. sometimes! :)

Love your Blog..getting awful fancy aren't you..for a small town girl! :)

VLS said...

And we were doing so good!!! I was afraid those Patriots were going to be tough. And then there is Payton Manning down the road. . . . But yes, it has been great to see smiles and fun on the sidelines!