Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Holiday

My right breast is certainly glad to have this 3-day weekend to recover from the radiation last week. The lower half of the breast and the right armpit area are really tender. I've kept the silver sulfa-cream on it all weekend. This morning I put on aloe vera first and then put on the cream to see if that will help it cool off some. I told David that I'm going to apply ice to it today to see if it will cool it off some. I turned over once during the night and landed on the right side. It woke me up and I immediately knew it and got off of that side.

I only have 8 more treatments! Four this week and four next week. Next week I have something else to do on Monday, so it will be Tuesday through Friday again and I'll be finished!!!

So far I have no blisters or open sores. I'm feeling fortunate about that. Wendy, the rad nurse has been very good at getting me things to combat the side effects up front.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Awesome Mom! 8 more! Woo-Hoo!