Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8-4-09 Still No News--But Got Some Drugs

I called the oncologist office this morning to get them to prescribe me something for this heartburn/nausea/painful/burning sensation I have on and off all day long now. They called in an RX for Prochlorperazine 10 mg tablets. The papers say it is for "nausea/vomiting." I took one with supper and it seems to have helped. I can still feel it, but it is better.

We still have heard nothing about the HER2 results. I did get a phone call from my #1 doctor, Dr. Laidley. She called to let me know that she had talked to Dr. Brooks yesterday and told me that she was very "upset" over all of this. Partly she was upset that the cancer is back, but I got the distinct feeling that she didn't like something about how all of this was handled. She said that Dr. Brooks asked her to install a mediport, so she was calling to get that set up. Funny thing, we specifically asked about the port yesterday and Dr. Brooks said we didn't need to think about that right now. So what changed overnight? Got to call back tomorrow to get that question answered.

Dr. Laidley told me that I would never get rid of her, that she would always be in my life. That was so comforting. Her assistant called back about 4:30 to schedule the mediport, which is scheduled for 10 a.m. Monday, given that we get some questions answered.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Mediport! Everyone should just be given one of those at birth and they stay in forever! I'm glad you're getting that back. The next person that makes your arm look like a pinata is going to have an upset son to talk to! Or maybe you just hold your needles that you got from your nurse in your hand while they hold their needles in their hand and tell them, "Now, we're not going to hurt each other, are we?"