Monday, August 17, 2009

8-17-09 The Shoe Has Fallen

Remember the proverbial shoe that was supposed to drop after the chemo treatment??? Well, Saturday night it dropped. My legs and bottoms of my feet were tender. Sunday was even worse. I called the answering service and asked the oncologist on duty to pescripe me something for the pain. He requested some vicadon which eased off, but did not really stop, the pain.

Today I had a personal taxi service home from work because my manager told me I needed to go home. They did set up my cot in one of the offices that is now empty and I slept until 11:30. I was functioning sort of OK, but then it just got worse and worse. The bottoms of my feet hurt, every joint in my body hurts, I felt like I could throw up. The world was spinnning round & round. I had already been told that arrangements were made for someone to drive Big Red home and for someone else to follow us home to bring the other one back to work. What a wonderful group of people to work with at Unitrin Specialty Insurance!!!

Nadine drove Big Red home & Terri drove her personal car to the house to take Nadine back to work. Sandy thought this was just hunky-dory because he got to meet someone else driving Big Red. I laid down & took a nap and woke up at 4 p.m. David & Sandy went to Walgreen's to pick up another RX for me to see if we can't get rid of the pain.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I'm so sorry. I was so hoping and praying that this would be a breeze this go around. I love you and am still praying. Hope all is better tomorrow. Peg