Thursday, July 30, 2009

7-30-09 Walking in the Rain

It came a gully washer this morning here! At 6:30 I got up to let Sandy go teetee and he just stood at the door and looked at me, "No way am I going out there!" It was thundering & lightening. So we went back upstairs to get ready for work. Every morning I take Sandy for a 1/3 mile walk for him to get his constitutional and get some exercise. This morning the rain had slowed down to a nice sprinkle, so I got the big golf umbrella out and away we went. It was nice to be out walking in the rain. Funny how things mean a different thing to you when your life changes. Sandy was thrilled to be outside in the nice rain and he got to teetee and tootoo, so we were all fixed up. All the neighbors know us because we walk every morning and every night and I pick up the tootoo after Sandy so they appreciate that. For a while this morning I was a little girl walking her dog in the rain under a big umbrella. It don't get much better than that!

No comments: