Saturday, June 13, 2009

Do You Have Lice?

I have remembered and forgotten this conversation that Nikita & I had a dozen times since we went to Kora & Aubrey's piano recital. We stopped in Kyle and exchanged Sandy for Nikita & Ana so they could play with Kora, Aubrey, Brynna, Hailey, Lauryn & Ashlynn. That meant that I had to "play Mama" again and basically I failed. Nikita & Ana kept saying, "Granny, you need to. . . . Granny, we're supposed to. . . ." Good thing the kids knew what was supposed to happen or the majority of Elena's instructions to me would have gone undone.

Well, Saturday night I was combing hair after their baths. Nikita was first. I was using my own hair brush. He turns around and looks at it and says real serious, "Granny, do you have lice?" I laughed and said "NO, I do not." He told me that kids at school have lice in their hair and they aren't supposed to share hair brushes. You didn't have to worry about that when we went to school----at least that I remember.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Every once in a while there would be an "outbreak" in elementary school when we were going through. We too were also not supposed to share brushes, hats, or even coats just in case.

DRS said...

Mom just doesn't remember. There were periodic outbreaks when we were kids, too, and the same basic rules applied, as well as any child found with lice was sent home until the problem was resolved.