Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I am 56 years old. Let me say it again: I am 56 years old. Boy, does that sound good!!! Two years ago several really smart people weren't real sure I'd make it to now. Survival does seem to make age a thing to yearn for, not a thing to begrudge and wish it wasn't coming.

David took me to Red Lobster because I just love fish, especially their coconut shrimp. We both tried their new wood-grilled fish plates and both of us enjoyed our choices. We had a wonderful waitress named Becca, whom David spoke to the manager about because she did such a great job. We shared an apple crumb ala mode dessert for my birthday cake. And the table next door got sang to by the waitresses, so when they said their names, I sang "Vic-kie", so I got sang to! Just how I like it.

I thank God every day for the gifts he gives me to enjoy. May I never take them for granted!

No comments: