Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting My Headlights Aligned

Monday, the 8th, we had to be a Presbyterian Hospital at 7:30 to prepare for surgery at 9;30. Mostly it was a bunch of waiting around for nothing, as usual. We could have easily gotten there at 8:30 and been fine. Dr. Hodges came in and drew on me so we could remember what we were doing once he got into surgery and I was lying down. I was released about 2 and home we went. Given our druthers, we would both have preferred Medical City Dallas, but this is where my doctor already had other surgeries scheduled. There's just a different feel to the whole hospital.

The surgery went fine. He removed the right implant which was too large for my skin now that I've lost weight, he inserted some internal stitches in the right side so the implant can't shift around again, and he did my tattoo!!! I now have a aerola again on the right breast. On the left breast he did not exchange the old implant, but rather took up some skin so that the breast was lifted more closely to the shape of the right breast. Right now they are both swelled a good bit, so I can't tell what they're going to look right.

But I do have some wonder drugs to take while I'm healing. I have Valium for muscle spasms. I have Vicodim for pain. Let me tell you that taking those two on an empty stomach will make you do and say some pretty funny & strange things. We had an appointment Tuesday to check up with Dr. Hodges. I remember going into the little room and taking my blouse off, but after that it's all gone. David says Dr. Hodges was asking me questions and I wasn't answering, so David had to answer for me. He told David that everything looked fine and that I could take a shower in the morning. I go see him again next Tuesday. Still no lifting, no stretching. Which is good because the only thing I've done is sleep.

Sandy doesn't quite know what to think about me. He has been really, really good to not jump on me. He just wants to know why Mama doesn't play with him. He'll come lay beside me in my recliner, like he knows something is wrong and wants to help.

This morning was the first time I got to actually see the scars. They look good. He got rid of the large rope feeling scars I had from prior surgeries. I'll be in support/sports bras for a while now until the internal stitches are healed up.

And the tattoo is just too cute! David was told that it will crust over and that will scab off and then you'll see the real tattoo. Just amazing what they do. Hopefully I'll be able to go to church Sunday and then to work on Monday. That's the plan right now. I'm so glad to have this over. Hopefully this is the LAST operation I'll have to have for this round.

Thank you for your prayers for me & Dr. Hodges. I appreciate that! Love you all, Vickie

No comments: