Thursday, October 30, 2008

My New Friend, Abbie

Sometimes people come into your life that you just really like and bond with even though you aren't together all that much. Through another member of the breast cancer club, Janell at work shared an email with me from her son's mother-in-law. Abbie recently found out that she has breast cancer. Hers is the same kind that I had, fed by the Her2 gene. I emailed Abbie to tell her I would be thinking about her yesterday.

Tonight my cell phone rang and it was Abbie. We talked and talked. She is starting Herceptin Monday, November 3, and then the hard chemo stuff on Tuesday, the 4th. By the time we finished talking, I felt like I had known Abbie forever. I shared some of the side effects I faced and the remedies I found that could help her through the journey.

Please place Abbie and her husband, Gary, in your prayers. They are starting down the long, hard year that David & I did. They are Christians and know that God will supply. What a blessing!

No comments: