Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Roadrunner is Dead--Long Live Kelly R. Smith!

We have been in Rowlett now for well over 5 years. Hard for us to believe that we've now lived in this house longer than any other house in our marriage except for 1706 Laurel in Odessa (13 years.) Ever since we've lived here, we've had internet service through Comcast first and then along came TimeWarnerCable and the beep-beep Roadrunner---or maybe I should call it the "bleep-bleep Roadrunner." David has had access to the internet straight through the line from the wall. I, on the other side of the room, have had varying brief episodes of spasmodic access through a wireless router.

I have a notebook full of calls I've made to India to get my wireless internet back up and running. They've sent guys out here multiple times to FIX the problem. They've changed out the router, so I was on our 3rd one. And still I've had intermittent access. I hate it. There's nothing I like better than working on the computer all day at work and then coming home to relax and catch up on my computer at home.


The last time I had internet access recently was on 9-17-08. I called the bleep-bleep that weekend, got no-where and hung up. I called Kelly R. Smith and vented at him a while and asked what they had in their house. He told me I needed to get rid of the bleep-bleep router/modem/switch that they provide and get a regular modem from them and then buy our own Linksys router. Today we did just that. Got a Linksys router at Bestbuy, I came home and hooked it up to David's PC, then got it going on my PC with my USB stick and wah-lah!!! I have internet again. And it seems faster than ever before using the bleep-bleep piece of stuff.


So thank you, Kelly, for once again curing my computer ills. It is soooooooo good to be online again!!!

No comments: