Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sandy is 7 Months Old


People look at us kind of funny when we tell them that Sandy is just a puppy and is only 7 months old. But then to us it's kind of hard sometimes to believe he's only a puppy, too. He weighs over 63 pounds and is a chunk. He loves to play with ice. He is a recycler deluxe! I've started recycling all our paper and plastic stuff. I placed a trash can in the closet underneath our stairs. Every time we have something to recycle, all you have to do is give it to Sandy and say "Recycle" and he heads off to the closet. Sometimes he will actually drop the item into the trashcan. Others he gets close to it and drops it on the floor. But he is so proud of himself when he gets through recycling.
I just finished reading a fiction novel by Dean R. Koontz titled "Watchers." Normally I'm not a reader of strange fiction, but I saw a reference to this book because Dean Koontz owns a Golden Retriever and actually used the characteristics of the breed to have a main character named "Einstein" in the book. The book was great, so now I'm a Koontz fan. Einstein was a brilliant, laboratory dog, but there were times in the book that I'd catch myself saying, "Sandy could do that." Here's our 7 month old photo. He's a terrific companion. He owns our hearts.

No comments: