Monday, July 21, 2008

Paula Deen's Gooey Chocolate Cookies

I made these cookies for the 4th of July weekend and they are scrumptious! I happened upon a Paula Deen ("Hi, y'all, this is Paula Deen here!") video on the internet right before we went home and decided to make these because they looked so easy. She said that this is her 2 sons' favorite cookie. If you like ooey, gooey, chocolate, then these are for you!

1 stick of REAL butter softened
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
Blend these together with mixer.
Add 1 egg & 1 tsp vanilla and blend in.
Add 1 box chocolate cake mix (any kind)
Mix real good.
Cover with cuptowel and put in frig for 2 hours. When chilled (I did mine overnight,) scoop out spoonfuls and roll in your hands to make walnut size balls. I figured out that this works better if you spray your hands with Pam first! Then roll each ball in powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 350 oven for 10 minutes. They will still be gooey when taken from the oven, so let them cool for a few minutes before removing. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar and enjoy! I'm going to try them with pecans and/or butterscotch/chocolate chips, too. Makes about 3 dozen cookies. As long as they last----they stay soft.

2 comments:

Tami said...

So did you use REAL butter?

VLS said...

YES, dear DIL, I DID use REAL butter!!! Thought of you when I was making these.