Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Tony!



32 Years ago on Father's Day, June 20, Tony Lee Smith came into the world. He didn't take nearly as long as big brother Kelly Ray did to be born. In fact he was coming so fast, I got very excited when David missed the turn to the hospital in Tulia and had to go an extra block. You'd never recognize him from this picture taken on 6-25-76 because he was so little. He weighed 6 lbs and 13 3/4 oz and was 20" long. He was born at 8:35 a.m. This is Kelly & my mom looking at this new little boy. Both of our boys were little birds when they were born, but it didn't take either one long to take care of that. I complained to Dr. Scarborough, the Tulia doctor who delivered Tony, that both of my babies were so little. He promptly told me "God knows exactly what he is doing because you're not very big." David was supposed to preach that morning at Calvary Baptist Church in Tulia where we went, but had to call and get that taken care of by someone else. What a great Father's Day present!

And here he is today with Elena, Nikita and Ana ---- a son, a brother, a husband, dad, police officer. What a difference 32 years makes!
Happy Birthday, Tony! We love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gee, I guess I should check this site more often. I didn't even see that you had written anything about my birthday until tonight. Thank you very much! That was very nice of you.

We had a great day on my birthday. We went to P.F. Chang's to eat and then went fishing (no surprise there).