Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Talking to Lauryn on the Phone


I had talked to all of the San Antonio granddaughters recently except for Lauryn, so today was her day. Her daddy answered the phone and I asked if Lauryn was available. Kelly asked her if she wanted to talk to Granny and I heard this sound like something falling. She was coming to the phone. The last time I talked to Lauryn (3 yrs & 5 mo) on the phone, it was a pretty short conversation with lots of uh-huhs and yes's on her end. But not this time! We talked for at least 10 minutes and most of that time, SHE was doing the talking. It was an educational conversation so I thought I would share some of the things I learned from Lauryn:


1. Health: Bugars are yucky. I didn't even ask how she knows this.

2. Anatomy: Kora hurt her ANKLE, not her leg.

3. Math: Because Kora hurt her ANKLE, she has TWO 'kutches' that she walks with.

4. Health: Tooting (windying) is stinky. Big sister Kora with the bum ANKLE was eavesdropping on our conversation and died giggling at that one. Big Daddy toned in on that one in the background.

5. Social studies: It's more fun to be funny when you have an audience. People are social creatures. When Kora was there giggling at her, Lauryn got funnier and sillier.

6. Health: Lauryn's mommy only has GIRL babies, not boys.

7. Time management: Lots of precious time can be spent just telling a giggling little girl that she is silly.

8. Finance: Bank away those memories for days to come when the little girl becomes a grown woman and isn't so silly any longer.

No comments: