Sunday, April 13, 2008

Geek Squad Hires Golden Retriever


Our recent encounter with the Geek Squad at the new Rockwall BestBuy was less than impressive. My CD-R drive had died on me, and my USB port for memory sticks didn't work at all. So we left it there for them to diagnose the problem and call me back. In about an hour a different Geek from the one who I checked in with, called and told me that my PC was really slow and they needed to do a diagnostics on it for $29.99 and that would fix me up. I asked the Geekess what about my 2 drives that I took the PC in for. . . . oh, she didn't know about that. She would call me back. She did and said that they needed to replace the CD drive, which was what I figured, but that the USB was running fine.

They called me when everything was fixed and I went back to BestBuy to pick it up. I literally stood at the Geek Squad counter for 10 minutes without one person saying 'what do you need'. The Geek Squad is right next to Customer Service and there were 2 people there, who at times during the 10 minutes were uninvolved with a customer but I didn't get any service from them. A manager from the other side of the store even walked by me and didn't say anything. At 10 minutes on my watch, I got my cell phone out and called the store and pressed 4 to talk to the Geek Squad. The 2 phones on their counter started ringing. A guy in the back answers the phone. I told him that I'd been standing at their counter for 10 minutes without help. He rushes out there to help me. He got my PC and loaded it on a cart for me.

I'm figuring they need either counter help there or a bell one, so here is their newest BestBuy Geek Squad member! This computer was one of the first toys we bought for Kora Brianne when she was born. Sandy just loves to press the buttons on it and bark at it. The Geek Squad is redeemed!

No comments: