Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday DR Followup

We saw Dr. Hodges again this morning at 9. He was very pleased with the incisions. He removed several little stitches where he had tied ends off, that looks like fishing line. The little incisions he used on the new right nipple are with a different thread that is dark. He said that they will dissolve and may come out themselves. We are to go back April 1 to see him again.

He told me to stop the Polysporin and start coating the incisions with aloe vera gel and put gauze over them, just to keep the gel in place. I'll do that for a while and then I'll start using my miracle stuff, Bio-Oil. It just did a great job on my first surgery incisions.

He said I could start walking every day, could lift a little like 5 pounds or so, nothing repetitious like vacuuming. SOMEONE who was in the room with us asked Dr. Hodges about me playing in the floor with Sandy, and Dr. Hodges said NO, that I still needed to take it easy.

No comments: