Monday, October 8, 2007

The Austin Smiths

Tony, Elena, Nikita and Anastasiya all had a big time at our picnic at McKinney Falls State Park. We had originally planned to attend the Texas Parks & Wildlife Expo, but the traffic and long lines persuaded us to change to plan B. And boy, were we thrilled we did. Tony knew that McKinney Falls was just a little piece down the road from the Expo----and there was practically no one there but us!!! We had a great picnic, the kids got to swing and run and carry sticks around and throw rocks.

Then we hiked a short way to the McKinney Falls and got to play in the water. It was great. We all had a blast and it was nice to have all the grandkids together.

That night at the house, I told Ana that I needed to go brush my teeth. She asked if I brushed my teeth quiet or loud. I asked her what she meant. She said that she brushed her teeth quiet, but that her mom and dad brushed their teeth LOUD. Tony & Elena have an electric toothbrush. Ana and me use the old-fashioned QUIET ones.

No comments: