Friday, September 14, 2007

Woo-Hoo! Radiation is Over!!! I'm Done!

Today I took the 28th radiation treatment to end that journey of my cancer treatment. I was so excited. And I’m very thankful that I didn’t get any blisters or open sores. With my fair skin I just knew that was a given. But all the goop I kept slathered on the tender areas got me through it in pretty good shape.

I had another Herceptin treatment after my radiation today and I asked my oncologist how many more treatments I have to take. ONLY 4 MORE!!! Two in October, one in November and one in December, each 3 weeks apart. I will officially be finished with my cancer medical treatment by the end of the year. There for a while when we were in the thick of things with chemo and the surgery, it seemed like this would go on forever. The Herceptin has no side effects, so it is a piece of cake. I have the surgery ahead to remove the tissue expander and insert the actual breast implant in about 3-6 months. But the worst is over.

David took me to Cristina’s (our favorite Mexican food restaurant) after the treatment. It was a nice end to a wonderful day for us.

I can’t think about all I’ve been through without thanking all of you who are receiving this email-----you helped us get through each step of this with encouragement, prayers, laughs and love. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: