Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Another Heart Test


Since I'm back taking the Herceptin, Dr. Brooks wanted me to have an ECG, echocardiogram. It will measure the strength of my heart's muscles to see if there has been any damage to it. David & I went to MCD for the 11:00 appointment. The lady who was doing the ECG was training a new girl, so she asked if it was alright if the trainee got to use me as a training experiment. Of course!!! The trainer was a great teacher, telling the trainee just how to do this. It was a little intense because she had to put some pressure on my left breast incisions to get the clear picture of the heart. We were in the room about 30 minutes, mostly so the trainee could get a feel for what she was looking for. Then the trainer took over and took the actual pictures to send to the doctor. It was a nice experience!

No comments: