Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Initial Doctor's Appointment

I left work early to make it back to Rowlett for the 3:50 appointment. My OB/GYN saw me. She was dressed up like a flapper girl for Halloween and looked so cute. She asked me if I could show her where the lump was. I told her that she could just touch my breast and find it herself. She touched my right breast and said "Oh." She then asked me to raise my arms. She got a measuring tape and came back and measured the area and used an ink pen and made some marks on that breast.

She said it was probably a cyst or milk duct that had filled up with fluid and would need to be drained with a needle aspiration, but that we needed to do a sonogram to see if it was fluid or solid. She was concerned because it had come up so quickly and was so large given that I had had a clean health bill in May. They scheduled me for a sonogram at Lake Pointe Medical Center for 11-2-06 at 3 p.m.

I came home and told David what was being done. We were both still thinking at this time, that it was probably just a fluid buildup.

No comments: